Because of Bram's healthissues, we can't go away that far anymore.
So, this holiday we had planned to stay at home. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't like that. But after thinking and talking I came to the conclusion that:
- Deventer is a Nice Town to stay in summer. There is the river, the parks..the nice centre....very relaxing...
- There is the Poetry festival "Het Tuinfeest" which is going to happen this Saturday in the Cloister-garden behind our house. Our friend - the City-Poet Lammert Voos-will perform there too, togehter with other famous Poets and more entre-acts.
- Sunday the big bookfair will be held all around town. We usually miss all of this, so it is an opportunity to go.
- No complaints about the weather sofar.. We have had rain and sunshine..but that is usually a Dutch Summer and we are used to this kind of weather staying in Ireland.
- I have slept very well till now...
- Friends come over for a drink on our lovely terrace...and with this gingham cloth, it feels suddenly like a terrace somewhere in the south...
- Wine is cheaper here...and no, this is not from 1 evening with the 2 of us..
- Plenty of time to sit on a terrace with good coffee and the papers..this one is in Almen at De Hoofdige Boer..
|with this text from a poem by Staring..|
|all kind of salats...|
|Fresh peas and onions..|
|The first sweat peas..|
|Big bunches of summerflowers...|
- Plenty of time for my favourite past-time.... Knitting ofcourse...So I have started a new sweater....and I have joined the on Ravelry the: Ravellenic 2012 Team Icelandic Knitters...You have to knit a pattern from Hélène Magnússon aka the IcelandicKnitter during the Olympic games, and by entering your project you can win a Knitting Tour to Iceland... So I had a look at the patterns...my first choice was a lace shawl..but after more thinking I got this idea to knit a doll...Why? Because I am grown up with 2 elder brothers and no doll was ever in our house when I was a child.. I'd loved to play with dolls at Kindergarten, but that was not very appropriate at that time.. And I must admit: I was jealous on my niece who got a Barbie at Sinterklaas...So Theodóra is now on the needles..or even better.. I knitted her sister Theolympia the week before the opening of the games.. she will get a knitted dress this week, I promise..no more Mono-Kini for her....
And today Theodóra will fly of the needles..Yes, I know..it looks strange between her legs..and No..this is not torture..and they are not supposed to be piercings..or, you must find stitchmarkers an attractive idea for a piercing yourself..
She also will get knickers on and a little dress..probably knit in -a handspun and very soft-Shetland yarn..A matching lace coat will appear..and a little Iceland dog and I have the plan to knit a little boyfriend named Bjarni for her...he will get blond hair and dark eyes...
The dolls are knitted in one of my favourite yarns sofar:
And I have bought some skeins at the shop from Astrid in Zwolle..and I really like all colours of this yarn.. for the dolls and the dog I choose those..
At the shop, Bram bought me a Very Interesting Knittingbook for my birthday..(coming up the 7th of August, but because it is difficult for him to go and buy me something, I got it earlier...)
Packed with Amazing Knitting ideas..BRIGHT Coloured and Very, Very Scandinavian..I Love it...
|and I can see a shawl coming up in this pattern..|
|3 Dimentional flowers...|
|or this Very different approach to lace....|
- So..Holiday @ Home is really nice sofar..I feel relaxed and calm...Days go by in a pleasant way...and it is a very nice experience I tell you.....but ..to be honest..we go on holiday in 2 weeks time for 2 weeks.....Up North.....In Holland..No Complaining here...